flinginarrows flinginarrows is offline
Junior Member

Default Template to Document Layout

I have a template that opens a new Word document. The user is then able to select multiple drop down menus and fill in other form fields. Is it possible to save this to a plain word document with no protection and no form fields? For example if they selected from a drop down list "California" I would like to somehow open the new document that just says "..... California....." without any evidence that it actually came from a template (Form). I am currently converting the document to a PDF and then back, which is a little bit of a pain because it does not always preserve the exact formatting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

flinginarrows flinginarrows is offline
Junior Member

This did it!

1. Unprotect the form document using the passsword you created to protect it so that it would work as a form.
2. Select all.
3. Press Ctrl+Shift+F9 (the F9 key).

This last action changes all fields into text. You should then be able to print it as such.