Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Can a heading style include one font for title and another for text?

Specifically, I want the common part of my captions (e.g., "TABLE 1 ") to
appear in bold, and the variable part (e.g., "List of stuff that makes up a
table.") to be italicized, but not in bold. So the final Caption should be:
"TABLE 1 List of stuff that makes up a table.", with the first bolded,
the second part in italics. When I create the style, it seems I can only
specify one font type for the entire style/paragraph.

If I can't specify this for the style, I'll have to go through each and
every caption and manually alter part of the text to be italicized. Surely
there's a better way, and a way to ensure that all Captions current and
future adhere to the same format. Is there not?

In WordPerfect, I could just embed a Bold and Italic toggle at the end of
the format, so the variable text I typed each time would differ from the
common text before it. Is there any way to do this in Word?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Format an example caption the way you want it, with different
formatting for the "Table #" part. Be sure to format only "Table #"
differently (not the following paragraph mark), and then select it and
create an AutoText entry. Insert the AutoText entry the next time you
want to create a table caption. (For more about AutoText, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WebColin" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Clarification: Of course, AutoTexts won't take care of the formatting
in existing captions. They will merely make it easier to insert the
table captions with the desired formatting in the future.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WebColin" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

That worked well enough for me. Cool. I've never used the AutoText feature.
I see that AutoCorrect can hold formatting too. I didn't know that either.

Thanks,
Colin

"WebColin" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WebColin" wrote in message
That worked well enough for me. Cool. I've never used the AutoText

feature.
I see that AutoCorrect can hold formatting too. I didn't know that

either.

Thanks,
Colin

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Clarification: Of course, AutoTexts won't take care of the

formatting
in existing captions. They will merely make it easier to insert

the
table captions with the desired formatting in the future.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Format an example caption the way you want it, with different
formatting for the "Table #" part. Be sure to format only "Table

#"