Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bernd Schend

Default Visually distorted table after mouse wheel scrolling

Hi all,

I'am observing a strange phenomenon. Tables look completely distorted
after scrolling repeatedly via mouse wheel.
The symptoms of this table sickness, for instance, a
- doubled cell borders,
- borders overlap text
- overlapping rows

The distortion effect disappears as soon the screen is refreshed (by
pressing PageUp/PageDown, for instance).

Some further info:
The problem is reproducable on different computers and with different
Word versions.
My document contains some styles and list templates, I've created
programmatically. Anyway, I removed this stuff, but the problem
was still there.

Anyone out there suffering from this kind of table distortion?

Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Hi Bernd,

Visual effects like this, or pictures that disappear when you scroll
up and down, are usually caused by video hardware that has
insufficient processing power or outdated driver software. For video,
Word is one of the most demanding programs outside of action games.

To diagnose whether this is the cause, reduce the hardware video
acceleration: Go to Start Settings Control Panel Display
Settings Advanced Troubleshoot, and move the acceleration slider
to the left. Then click the Apply button. At each notch on the slider,
additional loads on the video hardware/software are turned off. Then
try looking at a problem document in Word.

If at some reduced acceleration setting the problems stop, then the
video hardware/software is indeed the cause. First visit the web site
of the video card's manufacturer or the computer vendor to look for
updated driver downloads, which are usually free. If there are none,
or if the update doesn't solve the problem, you may need to replace
the card.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:25:45 +0200, Bernd Schend
wrote:

Hi all,

I'am observing a strange phenomenon. Tables look completely distorted
after scrolling repeatedly via mouse wheel.
The symptoms of this table sickness, for instance, a
- doubled cell borders,
- borders overlap text
- overlapping rows

The distortion effect disappears as soon the screen is refreshed (by
pressing PageUp/PageDown, for instance).

Some further info:
The problem is reproducable on different computers and with different
Word versions.
My document contains some styles and list templates, I've created
programmatically. Anyway, I removed this stuff, but the problem
was still there.

Anyone out there suffering from this kind of table distortion?

Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bernd Schend

Hi Jay,

you prevented me from spending many hours digging around in my
Word documents. Today, I also observed the strange behaviour when
scrolling a PDF document. So, it's definitely not restricted to Word.

Thanx a lot
Bernd