Nancy S

Default Why does my mail merge TOC show all page 1's?

I have created a mail merge document for a yearly plan. The document contains
53 pages. I have forced it to number the pages by including a mergerec field
in the footer page number field. However, when I do a table of contents, it
returns only page ones. Each record is listed as being on page one. Is there
a solution to this problem?
Doug Robbins

Each "page" in the document (which represents each record) is a separate one
page Section. If you use EditReplace with ^b in the Find what control and
^m in the Replace with control, the Section Breaks will be replaced by
Manual Page Breaks and your table of contents should then work.

It may however rely on there being actual page numbers in the document
(using the { PAGE } field, so you may have to do the merge again without
using the { PAGE } field instead of the mergerec field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP