Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
neia neia is offline

Default repeatable values in pages

I am trying to merge information from a document from excel into a
letter document in word. Each page will have three groups of records, like
this:
name, city, address, zip code
name, city, address, zip code
name, city, address, zip code
I´m using the instruction Next Record before the "name" field.
On the first page the result is ok.
The problem: the second record of the first page appears as the first record
on the second page and the and the third record as the second,.......It meens
that it is merging only one record for page. Am I write ?
What can I do ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you actually executed the merge or are you stepping through the records
when previewing the results? That is what it sounds like to me. Execute
the merge to a new document and see if that gives you what you want.

Note, you will not need to put a Next Record field before the first set
of mergefields. If you do, you will miss every third record.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP