DebbieD

Default have split a table with Ctrl/Enter - need to get it back together.

I have created an 8 page table. Because the contents of the cells split to
the next page, when the table was completed I used Ctrl/Enter to split the
table onto the next page. Now I have added more content to the table, making
it all scroll funny and need to remove those page breaks that I put in and
have the table all be one again. I am not able to delete the paragraph break
between each table to do this? Is it possible to put a table back together
after it has been split?
Deb
Jay Freedman

DebbieD wrote:
I have created an 8 page table. Because the contents of the cells
split to the next page, when the table was completed I used
Ctrl/Enter to split the table onto the next page. Now I have added
more content to the table, making it all scroll funny and need to
remove those page breaks that I put in and have the table all be one
again. I am not able to delete the paragraph break between each
table to do this? Is it possible to put a table back together after
it has been split? Deb

This is easiest to do in Normal view, where you can see the page breaks as
dotted lines containing the label "Page Break". Also click the ¶ button on
the toolbar so you can see nonprinting characters.

Put the cursor on the left end of the page break and press Delete twice
(once for the break and once for the paragraph mark that remains). The table
will come together.

In the future, instead of making a hard page break to split the table,
there's a better way. Put the cursor in the top line of the cell that should
start the new page. Go to Format Paragraph, click the Page and Line Breaks
tab, and check the option for "Page break before". This won't make two
separate tables (important if you're using the Heading Rows feature). To
reverse the effect, just go back to the same dialog and remove the check
mark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman