pennyndoug

Default I can't see the bottom of the border in preview or print mode?

I have been totally frustrated with this unreasonable unprintable area.
Everyone else on my network works just fine and I was too until I got a new
computer and switched to Word 2003. I am not stuck with the 2.67 default
margin. WHAT IS DOING THIS and HOW can I get rid of it? Do you have any
idea, you say that this is a different issue....how to fix this issue of the
2.67? Please help me!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have set the border to be "from text" instead of "from edge of page"
and not to include the footer and have established a bottom margin that is
well within the printable area of the page, then this should work. If Word
is trying to enforce an unreasonable unprintable area (especially if it's
2.67" and this is an HP LaserJet), then that is a different issue.

"missymo24" wrote in message
I just tried every single thing in that article and I still have the SAME
problem. I guess it's time to update it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You clearly have not followed the instructions in the article. Read it
again.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"carrie" wrote in message
Thank you garfield, informative but it still will not put the border

on
the
bottom of the page. The footer is visible but border is not it reset
itself
to be 1.15 cm but still not showing on the bottom of the page.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, carrie. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm.

"carrie" wrote:

I am unable to see the bottom of the border in print preview or

when
the
document is printed. I have done all stated in the help file and
still I
cannot see it . The margins are normal default.

There is a known conflict between Word 2002/2003 and the HP drivers for
certain LaserJets. There are various workarounds, including restarting Word
or Windows (temporary fix) and using the Windows driver instead (but you may
lose some printer functionality). Many users have reported that the drivers
from
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html solve the problem.

"carrie" wrote:

I am unable to see the bottom of the border in print preview

or
when
the
document is printed. I have done all stated in the help file

and
still I
cannot see it . The margins are normal default.

Carly

Ugh I have been having the exact same problem.
My printer is an hp deskjet 3650 if that is any help to anyone. The bottom
prints at work but not from my home computer.

I've done what everyone has suggested and still no luck. I did notice that
it prints when the page size is set to 'letter', but not to A4.