hazel

Default Changing default text box settings

OKay Graham: How the heck do you do that? Sounds neat...need more info.
Thanks, Hazel

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Why not simply save a formatted text box as an autotext item which will make
it simple to insert similar items.
If a table would work, use that instead.

Marlene McCall wrote:
I have Word 2000. I'm working on a project that will require a LOT
of text boxes. When I draw a text box, I want it to automatically
have certain settings. For instance, currently the defaults seem to
be:

Line color: Black
Layout: In front of text
Internal margins: .1" left & right, .05" top & bottom

What I would like in every text box I create is:

Line color: No line
Layout: Square
Internal margins: 0" all

I can't determine WHERE I go to change the default settings, although
I have a strong hunch that the settings are stored in normal.dot. I
also seem to remember that at one time the default layout was in fact
"square", so I think that I or a co-worker must have changed it at
some point, accidentally or intentionally.

Any help would be appreciated.