Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TimD TimD is offline

Default Protecting your logo in Word

Hi there!

I am trying to protect two areas of our company letterhead word document so
that users cannot edit or delete them. The two areas are;

1. Our company logo (positioned top right of every page)
2. The footer - containing our company name and contact details

Protection of the footer area seems to work easily enough, but protecting
the logo is more difficult! Currently I am only able to protect the entire
header when in actual fact I only want to protect the logo in the top right
hand corner. (I would like to be able to use the remaining space at the top
of the page to type and insert text).

Can anyone help? I am using Word 2007.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you ask is impossible. Any document that you allow someone to see is
theirs to do with as they wish. Protection of documents simply makes it a
little more difficult, but inhibits the use of the document. Why do you need
to protect the logo and footer text from your users? Training the users to
use the documents correctly would make more sense.