Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kevlin55 kevlin55 is offline

Default converting .docx to .doc

I received an email with an attachment I can't open. It contains an extension
with a .docx. How do I convert it to be rtead in html format? I have
WindowsXP with the latest current downloads.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carey Frisch [MVP] Carey Frisch  [MVP] is offline

Download and install:

Word Viewer

"kevlin55" wrote in message ...
I received an email with an attachment I can't open. It contains an extension
with a .docx. How do I convert it to be rtead in html format? I have
WindowsXP with the latest current downloads.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

docx is Word 2007's document format. To open this in Word you will need the
2007 compatibility pack (or ask the sender to save it in 97-2003 format).
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx