Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dvya

Default Staple Break

I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea how to
set this up.

Thank You,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you execute the merge to a new document and then run the following macro
when that document is the active document, each letter created by the
mailmerge will be sent to the printer as a separate print job.

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dvya

Thank You, though when running the Macro I am getting an error message the
words"with active document"are highlighted and the message is:
Compile error
Invalid outside procedure

Any ideas of what I a mdoing wrong?

Thank You

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dvya

Please disregard prior post. I found a link you submitted for newbies trying
to create new macros http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm
.. I followed your instructions there and now its all working.

Thank You,

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dvya

Now that i got this working is there a way to have it setup so the print
dialog shows up in order that i can choose the correct printer with the
correct settings?

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Changing the selected (current) printer in Word without
changing the system default printer" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...CurPrinter.htm

to get the printer properties set the way that you want them for this
particular exercise, you may want to install a second copy of the printer
and set the properties in the Control Panel Printers dialog.

--

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I
am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know
that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea
how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon

would it possible to use this macro (or something similar) when printing
reports or forms in MS Access?

Thanks,
Simon

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling feature. I
am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know
that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea
how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I would be sure that it can be done in Access, but as I don't have a routine
already developed for it, you would be better off asking in one of the
Access newsgroups.

Or, the following page of Bill Gate's look-a-like website at may be a good
starting point:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal...rge/index.html

--

"dvya" wrote in message
I am printing directly to my copy machine that has a stapling
feature. I
am
about to print 200 applications and i would like the printer to know
that
each one is seperate and to staple each group individually. Any idea
how
set this up.

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nikki Nakki Noo Nikki Nakki Noo is offline

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me tagging on to this "thread". I have used this
macro in the past, most effectively, however I have come across a problem
which I wondered if you could assist with. For example, if the document
printed is a culmination of letters (sections), that are alphabetical say,
the printer doesn't necessarily print them in the order that they appear in
the Word Document. It seems to print the majority of the document in
page/section order, but throws a percentage in just willy nilly. Is this
something you've come across before? Can this be avoided?

Thank you
Nikki