Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

Default Extra page problem that I can't delete

I have an extra blank page in a document. On the subsequent page the first
format style is a Heading level 1 with a page break before coded into the
style. If I remove the page break in the style problem with the missing page
goes away but now my heading level 1 doesn't start on a fresh page. When I
put the page break back into the heading style the problem returns (i.e., it
inserts an extra page between the last text and the heading level 1).
Interestingly, when I looked at the header on the extra blank page the dashed
box takes up the entire page up to the dashed box around the footer. I've
never seen this before. The header is connected to the previous header and
that page is fine. --
LAC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NickR NickR is offline

I have a similar problem. When I type justified NORMAL body text there is
always an additional page to the one I am working on. However, in addition,
the line fills from the RIGHT margin, and when I type ENTER, the cursor
shifts two spaces to the right. The next character typed causes a new
paragraph to be generated.
I have no idea how to fix it.

"LAC" wrote:

I have an extra blank page in a document. On the subsequent page the first
format style is a Heading level 1 with a page break before coded into the
style. If I remove the page break in the style problem with the missing page
goes away but now my heading level 1 doesn't start on a fresh page. When I
put the page break back into the heading style the problem returns (i.e., it
inserts an extra page between the last text and the heading level 1).
Interestingly, when I looked at the header on the extra blank page the dashed
box takes up the entire page up to the dashed box around the footer. I've
never seen this before. The header is connected to the previous header and
that page is fine. --
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

I don't seem to have any of the same conditions you have; no justified body
text. And there is only one place in the entire document where this happens.
All the other heading level 1 page breaks are working fine--no extra page
and normal header dashed boxes.
--
LAC