Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denzel Denzel is offline

Default When pasting text from a java application, the formatting is lost

When I try to paste text from a java application into word 2007, the
formatting is lost and the end result is a jumble of text.

I have tried adjusting the word (copy, cut, paste) options but nothing will
allow me to keep the format from the original Java application.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Denzel,

If you're using Home=Paste=Paste Special
what are the available formats listed there for pasting?

The Java application may be allowing only plain text or a format Word doesn't recognize to be placed on the clipboard.

=================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denzel Denzel is offline

Default When pasting text from a java application, the formatting is l

Bob,

This is a simple copy (ctrl C) and paste (crtl V) and the formatting is gone.

I have tried to update the word options for cut, copy, and paste, but
nothing is working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Denzel,

What are the choices if you open the Paste special dialog? The Java application may not be sending formatting information to the
clipboard for you to use in Word or you may have an Add-in running with Word that is 'winning'

Try using Start=Programs=Accessories=WordPad
and paste to that app to see if you get the formatting.

If this is an online Java app page do you have a URL for it?