GratefulIdiot

Default Viewing menus in Word (Office 97).

The toolbar has disappeared on Word. All I get on this application when I
open it is the blue bar at the top "W Microsoft Word - Document 1" and the
ruler. There is no way that I can access the menu bar. What happened to it
and how can I restore it?

Also, when I boot, I keep getting a message from Accessibility Wizard:
There was a problem loading the file specified when running the
Accessibility Wizrd.

What file? I haven't specified any file and I don't run Accessibility
Wizard. Why is it doing this and how can I make it stop?

My OS is W 98. Yeah... I know it's old, but it suits my purposes fine on
this old Dell Latitude just fine. (I do have a newer puter, but I like this
little laptop!)

Thanks!
garfield-n-odie

If you're in Full Screen mode, then press the Escape key once to
exit full screen mode. Otherwise, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm .

As for the error message when you start Windows 98, your question
is off-topic in this Microsoft Word newsgroup. But see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d1cd387d17df21
for a possible solution. If that doesn't help, then you should
post a separate question in one of the Windows 98 newsgroups.

GratefulIdiot wrote:

The toolbar has disappeared on Word. All I get on this application when I
open it is the blue bar at the top "W Microsoft Word - Document 1" and the
ruler. There is no way that I can access the menu bar. What happened to it
and how can I restore it?

Also, when I boot, I keep getting a message from Accessibility Wizard:
There was a problem loading the file specified when running the
Accessibility Wizrd.

What file? I haven't specified any file and I don't run Accessibility
Wizard. Why is it doing this and how can I make it stop?

My OS is W 98. Yeah... I know it's old, but it suits my purposes fine on
this old Dell Latitude just fine. (I do have a newer puter, but I like this
little laptop!)

Thanks!

GratefulIdiot

Thank you so much!!
I deleted Toolbar from the Registry and it worked like a charm. The menus
and toolbars are all back.
That was so easy. Thank you!!

Now I'm going to try to tackle the other problem....
And that one is only a minor annoyance.