mspm45

Default How do I remove a macro from the tool bar?

I am in the process of learning Advanced Microsoft Office Word. My
infomation is talking about creating a macro. It says to select macro
tools record new macro. In the macro name text box, it suggests to enter
"signature" as an example I then clicked tool bar. Now, signature is on my
tool bar and won't come off! I'm just practing as I learn. How do I remove
"Normal.new macro.signature" I tried to delete it, but it's still there...
Shauna Kelly

Hi

First, bear in mind that the macro exists independently of the toolbar
button that invokes the macro.

To remove the button, Tools Customize. Click on the offending button and
drag it off the toolbar. Now close the Customize dialog box. If you didn't
consciously choose where to save your toolbar button, it was probably stored
in normal.dot. So, when you exit Word, if you are asked whether you want to
save normal.dot, say Yes.

To delete the macro itself, Tools Macros Macros. Find your macro and
click Delete.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"mspm45" wrote in message
I am in the process of learning Advanced Microsoft Office Word. My
infomation is talking about creating a macro. It says to select macro
tools record new macro. In the macro name text box, it suggests to enter
"signature" as an example I then clicked tool bar. Now, signature is on
my
tool bar and won't come off! I'm just practing as I learn. How do I
remove
"Normal.new macro.signature" I tried to delete it, but it's still
there...

Anne Troy

You can just as easily get rid of a toolbar button by holding the Alt key
and dragging it off the toolbar. But--as Shauna said--that doesn't
remove the macro (either).
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com