Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alison Alison is offline

Default How can I make Word use the UK dictionary not the US dictionary

I know I can change to UK from US on each document, but surely there is
somewhere I can change the ruddy thing permanently not have to do it on each
document. I have tried changing keyboard language (no such option),
microsoft tools (changed). Its driving me nuts that the spell checker keeps
switching to US.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Have you tried Control Panel\Regional And Language Options and set everthing
to UK?

Hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Alison" wrote:

I know I can change to UK from US on each document, but surely there is
somewhere I can change the ruddy thing permanently not have to do it on each
document. I have tried changing keyboard language (no such option),
microsoft tools (changed). Its driving me nuts that the spell checker keeps
switching to US.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See this article:

Get control of language formatting in Word
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP