Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Broons Bane

Default $logger.dot?

When I open word it tries to open a file called $logger.dot

It might be related to installing a product called All-in-One Secretmaker
(since removed).

The file it not on my disk, but it appears to try to open something? Any
ideas about getting rid of this problem?

Thanks in anticipation

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have a look in the Word Startup directory, the location of which you can
determine via ToolsOptionsFile Locations, but it is usually:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Broons Bane" wrote in message
When I open word it tries to open a file called $logger.dot

It might be related to installing a product called All-in-One Secretmaker
(since removed).

The file it not on my disk, but it appears to try to open something? Any
ideas about getting rid of this problem?

Thanks in anticipation

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Broons Bane

Have a look in the Word Startup directory, the location of which you can
determine via ToolsOptionsFile Locations, but it is usually:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Broons Bane" wrote in message
When I open word it tries to open a file called $logger.dot

It might be related to installing a product called All-in-One Secretmaker
(since removed).

The file it not on my disk, but it appears to try to open something? Any
ideas about getting rid of this problem?

Thanks in anticipation

Thank you, that worked