Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise denise is offline

Default Date Automatically Updating

How do I turn this feature off? I have documents that are changed frequently
but don't need the date changed. I can't remember where this is to turn it
off.
--
Thanks, Denise
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Insert | Date and Time and remove the tick from the box to Update
automatically.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Denise" wrote:

How do I turn this feature off? I have documents that are changed frequently
but don't need the date changed. I can't remember where this is to turn it
off.
--
Thanks, Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise denise is offline

No... this is an old document. Our administrator has reloaded the Microsoft
Suite back onto my machine and I am having all kinds of issues with Word now.
--
Thanks, Denise

"Denise" wrote:

How do I turn this feature off? I have documents that are changed frequently
but don't need the date changed. I can't remember where this is to turn it
off.
--
Thanks, Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are inserting the date as a DATE field, which is the result of using the
Insert | Date and Time dialog with the "Update automatically" box checked
(its current setting is irrelevant; the setting when you inserted the date
is important) or with the Insert Date button on the Header and Footer
toolbar or with the Alt+Shift+D shortcut. What you want instead is a
CREATEDATE field.

For existing documents, press Alt+F9 to display the field code and change
DATE to CREATEDATE. Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. For new
documents, either type the date as text or insert a CREATEDATE field in the
template.

For more on date fields, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"Denise" wrote in message
news
How do I turn this feature off? I have documents that are changed

frequently
but don't need the date changed. I can't remember where this is to turn it
off.
--
Thanks, Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise denise is offline

Okay... I checked the box and then rebooted my machine and then unchecked the
box and rebooted and it is working now. WEIRD!
--
Thanks, Denise

"Denise" wrote:

How do I turn this feature off? I have documents that are changed frequently
but don't need the date changed. I can't remember where this is to turn it
off.
--
Thanks, Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise denise is offline

I am not using a date field at all. I am typing in the date.
--
Thanks, Denise

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You are inserting the date as a DATE field, which is the result of using the
Insert | Date and Time dialog with the "Update automatically" box checked
(its current setting is irrelevant; the setting when you inserted the date
is important) or with the Insert Date button on the Header and Footer
toolbar or with the Alt+Shift+D shortcut. What you want instead is a
CREATEDATE field.

For existing documents, press Alt+F9 to display the field code and change
DATE to CREATEDATE. Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. For new
documents, either type the date as text or insert a CREATEDATE field in the
template.

For more on date fields, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"Denise" wrote in message
news
How do I turn this feature off? I have documents that are changed

frequently
but don't need the date changed. I can't remember where this is to turn it
off.
--
Thanks, Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the date on old documents is updating to the current date, I assure you
it is a field. Alt+F9 will tell the tale, though.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news