draw shapes

Old August 4th 07, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
at

Default draw shapes

In word i want to draw a sqaure with a semi-circle on 1 side. The problem is
I cant erase the lines i dont want to see. how can i draw shapes and erase
some lines, straight and curved?
Old August 4th 07, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Sorry, but you are working with a *w*o*r*d* processing program, not a
graphic design program. Despite the array of drawing tools that are provided
there are limitations to what can be done with them - IOW, the vector shapes
can't be "partially" erased. You can try using the various pen/line tools
(which vary depending on which version of Word) to create your own
illustrations & there are ways to "fake it" but the result will most likely
not be what you want & may be more of a headache than you think

Do your artwork in a program designed for that purpose, then Insert it into
your doc as a finished product.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/4/07 7:28 AM, in article
, "at"

Old August 4th 07, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

You can use the Freeform tool and draw the shape you want. Then you can edit
the points you've drawn in order to tweak the shape if necessary. Depending
on the shape you're after it can be painstaking but it can be done.

But I follow what you want, if the shapes are filled then I'd just draw a
square and a circle, and then overlap the two. The set the border color to
transparent for both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

news

Old August 4th 07, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word 2002 and 2003, there is an autoshape matching your description
in the Autoshapes-Flowchart menu on the Drawing toolbar.

Old August 4th 07, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

I *thought* there was one but somehow I kept missing it each time I looked.
It's available in Word 2007 too. Much better solution for the desired shape!

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word