Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heathertre heathertre is offline

Default What's happening with formatting 2003

I have in the last few days been plagued by strange formatting in Word for
Professional 2003. If I try to highlight characters and apply italics and
whole document converts to italics but will return to normal using ctrl plus
Z. The words selected stay italic but other parts of a sentence revert to
regular style. However, other italicised text in teh document loses its
formatting.
Also table of contents seems to be totally unstable and does not hold the
applied formatting, paragraph and indenting between closing and re-opening. I
assume an update is responsible for this because my computer is protected by
professional virus/firewall etc. and regularly scanned.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.
--