Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heidi Hubbard Heidi Hubbard is offline

Default Legal Numbering

I guess I am just missing the point in Word 2007, but I have worked and
worked at making automatic numbering for a legal office and cannot get it
figured out. Does anyone know of a beginner's tutorial or article with legal
numbering to help me get started?
--
Heidi Hubbard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...egal+numbering

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Heidi Hubbard" wrote in message
I guess I am just missing the point in Word 2007, but I have worked and
worked at making automatic numbering for a legal office and cannot get it
figured out. Does anyone know of a beginner's tutorial or article with legal
numbering to help me get started?
--
Heidi Hubbard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heidi Hubbard Heidi Hubbard is offline

Did I mention I'm a beginner at this legal numbering ? I have Word 2007,
I've never done automatic numbering in any other version of Word, I don't
know what AUTONUMGL field is or an IF field, I have to have everything at 1/2
inch. I tried to set up a numlist and even named it but I can't even find it
in the list when I do a new document. I'm completely lost.

--
Heidi Hubbard

"Heidi Hubbard" wrote in message
I guess I am just missing the point in Word 2007, but I have worked and
worked at making automatic numbering for a legal office and cannot get it
figured out. Does anyone know of a beginner's tutorial or article with legal
numbering to help me get started?
--
Heidi Hubbard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is a lot more on that web page beyond the first entry!

Heidi Hubbard wrote:
Did I mention I'm a beginner at this legal numbering ? I have Word
2007, I've never done automatic numbering in any other version of
Word, I don't know what AUTONUMGL field is or an IF field, I have to
have everything at 1/2 inch. I tried to set up a numlist and even
named it but I can't even find it in the list when I do a new
document. I'm completely lost.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...egal+numbering

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Heidi Hubbard" wrote in
message ...
I guess I am just missing the point in Word 2007, but I have worked
and worked at making automatic numbering for a legal office and
cannot get it figured out. Does anyone know of a beginner's
tutorial or article with legal numbering to help me get started?
--
Heidi Hubbard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

The approved method of Shauna Kelly
(http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
is not applicable in Word 2007 as from "Modify" "Move the cursor in a
heading 1 paragraph Styles... Modify Numbering."'

In 2007 place cursor on outline number then
in Home Paragraph Select Multilevel List (paragraph) Define New List

And modify and attach Levels to Style Names Heading 1 through 9.

Like everything it takes practice and know-how (which comes with practise)
naturally or training.

In 2007 Modify Multilist Levels has been separated . For beginners start
with the most appropriate multilevel list in legal numbering it is usually:

1
1.1
1.1.1
1.1.1.1 etc.

You may only need the first 4 levels to attach back to a previous level.
Then in Level 5 1.1.1.1.1 change it to suit your requirements up until Level
9.

"Heidi Hubbard" wrote in message
I guess I am just missing the point in Word 2007, but I have worked and
worked at making automatic numbering for a legal office and cannot get it
figured out. Does anyone know of a beginner's tutorial or article with
legal
numbering to help me get started?
--
Heidi Hubbard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heidi Hubbard Heidi Hubbard is offline

Thank you everyone, I'll work on your suggestions and practice. I appreciate
your patience.

--
Heidi Hubbard