Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default Lists

How can I delete once and for all a 'List' in a document or a 'List Style'?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Gauci
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz Pesach Shelnitz is offline

Hi Paul,

Select everything in the list and presss Cntrl+Shft+N. This removes all
numbering and bullets and applies the Normal style to the paragraphs
selected. There is no need to delete styles that are not in use.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Paul Gauci" wrote:

How can I delete once and for all a 'List' in a document or a 'List Style'?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci[_2_] Paul Gauci[_2_] is offline

Thanks. The approach that you suggested has worked; but when I select the new
multilevel list feature in order to create a new list (I use Office 2007
Enterprise), the List that I desperately want to get rid of, reappears.

I need to delete this list once and forever because one of the list numbers
is corrupted. When I try to edit the number in question, I first get a notice
saying that the number must be between 1 and 600 and then when I edit the
font of the number I get a notice that the number must be between 1 and 1638.
Following this the feature freezes.

--
Paul Gauci

"Paul Gauci" wrote:

How can I delete once and for all a 'List' in a document or a 'List Style'?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz Pesach Shelnitz is offline

Hi Paul,

The fact that there is a restriction on a range of values suggests that
there is an issue with something else besides numbering. Is this a form with
form fields or controls? Forms can half areas that are protected from
modification. Also, press Alt+F9 to see if there are any field codes in the
area, and check if there are any bookmarks.
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Paul Gauci" wrote:

How can I delete once and for all a 'List' in a document or a 'List Style'?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To delete a list style: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S), click the
Manage Styles button. On the Edit tab, locate the appropriate list style,
and click Delete. Click OK to close the dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Gauci" wrote:

How can I delete once and for all a 'List' in a document or a 'List
Style'?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Gauci

dropdown lists charmin Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 08 07:36 PM
Lists V New Users 1 October 7th 08 10:24 AM
Moving lists Chris Microsoft Word Help 2 August 29th 08 04:35 PM
Multilevel lists become simple numbered lists in Word 2007 Dwolfe Page Layout 3 July 16th 08 10:37 AM
autotext pop-up lists qcc1 Microsoft Word Help 1 July 11th 08 05:19 PM