Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
torajudo

Default How do I create an auto text entry using a file?

How do I create a signature (gif) file to become an auto text entry in Word
2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

torajudo wrote:
How do I create a signature (gif) file to become an auto text entry
in Word 2003?

Use Insert Picture From File to insert the gif file in a blank document.
Format the paragraph containing the picture with the Signature style (this
makes the autotext entry appear in the Signature submen of the Insert
AutoText menu). Select the picture and press Alt+F3. Enter a name for the
autotext entry and click OK. You can delete the picture from the body of the
document or discard the document, as the picture is now stored in your
Normal.dot template (which you'll need to save the next time you exit Word).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/custom...n/AutoText.htm for a longer
discussion.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
torajudo

Thanks! It worked great and I appreciate the clear instructions.. It worked
for me, using an image file by creating a macro as well.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

torajudo wrote:
How do I create a signature (gif) file to become an auto text entry
in Word 2003?

Use Insert Picture From File to insert the gif file in a blank document.
Format the paragraph containing the picture with the Signature style (this
makes the autotext entry appear in the Signature submen of the Insert
AutoText menu). Select the picture and press Alt+F3. Enter a name for the
autotext entry and click OK. You can delete the picture from the body of the
document or discard the document, as the picture is now stored in your
Normal.dot template (which you'll need to save the next time you exit Word).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/custom...n/AutoText.htm for a longer
discussion.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
How do I export or convert auto text entries to a text file? flapolock Microsoft Word Help 3 December 30th 05 04:29 PM
defining an auto text entry? nellyeclair Microsoft Word Help 6 November 23rd 05 08:17 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Can I easily create a tab-delimited file from plain text in Word? mpiper Microsoft Word Help 1 March 8th 05 09:47 PM