Mycroft Holmes

Default Word2003 SP1: document size problem on link picture

Hi to all,

I'm experiencing some bizarre problem: I have a document which is 180
pages, 1 small picture embedded. Its size is about 1.4MB
I want to add a picture in the cover page: insert... picture... from
file... link

the picture is inserted ok, but after some minor editing, the document
size becomes about 13MB. The picture is large (it's a hi-res 2MB jpeg),
but it's LINKED...
If I remove the picture and save, it becomes 1.4MB again.

Is it a known bug?

TIA

--
The set of solutions is never empty.
Two solutions together form a new problem