Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VinceM

Default Re-installing Word/Excel upgrade after replacing hard drive

Help

Had to replace my C drive. Installed XP pro on new C drive. Had latest Word
& Excel installed on D drive. Can see & access files for both programs, but
when I try to use them, told I'm not authorized user. No longer have
complete set of programs as I have upgraded to latest versions since DOS.
Tried to re-install programs, but told that it could not find qualifying
product.

Does anybody know of a way to help me re-install these programs as I cannot
afford to go out and buy full blown versions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Installing Windows on a new drive effectively wipes out your
Office installation, even though some of your Office program
files are stored on a separate drive. You will need to reinstall
Office from the original CDs. If you purchased an upgrade
version of Office, then you should have kept the original
qualifying product, because the qualifying product becomes part
of your Office license. If you discarded the qualifying product,
then you also discarded your license to use an upgrade version of
Office. A less expensive alternative to purchasing a new full
version of Office may be to acquire another qualifying product
(probably an older version of Office) on eBay or amazon.com.