Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joey joey is offline

Default i have 50 different word doc and need to change my address on all

i have 50 different word doc and need to change my address on all
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm

joey wrote:
i have 50 different word doc and need to change my address on all

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Barker[_2_] Ron Barker[_2_] is offline

Default i have 50 different word doc and need to change my address on

Hi Graham

I have had a go at downloading the add on. I am not sure what I have done
wrong but when I click on the find and replace I get the message cannot find
or has been disabled because of your secuity settings. I have looked at the
secuity setting and it is clicked to allow all installed add ons. Can you
assist if this post makes senseto you. Cheers

joey wrote:
i have 50 different word doc and need to change my address on all

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set your macro security level to medium and to trust installed templates and
add-ins.
Check that the add-in is listed in tools templates and add-ins and is
checked.
Do you get the vba Find and Replace toolbar (it may not be displayed so see
view toolbars)
If all else fails, the add-in is Greg Maxey's. Try the code that is listed
on *my* web site.

Ron Barker wrote:
Hi Graham

I have had a go at downloading the add on. I am not sure what I have
done wrong but when I click on the find and replace I get the message
cannot find or has been disabled because of your security settings. I
have looked at the security setting and it is clicked to allow all

joey wrote:
i have 50 different word doc and need to change my address on all

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Barker[_2_] Ron Barker[_2_] is offline

Set your macro security level to medium and to trust installed templates and
add-ins. [set at medium- Trust all installed add-ins and Templates box
checked]

Check that the add-in is listed in tools templates and add-ins and is
checked. [VBA Find and replcce.dot box checked]

Do you get the vba Find and Replace toolbar (it may not be displayed so see
view toolbars) [Displayed]

I have checked Macros and the VBA Find and Replace.dot (Global Template) is
listed in €śMacros in€ť. In the €śMacros Name€ť box is €śCalluserinterface€ť I
dare not change that because I do not know of the implications. I dont know
much about Macros. I think that I had better leave it. Thank you for all your
help.