Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Wildrick Dave Wildrick is offline

Default page up key causes unwanted jump to first page of Word document

When I am working on tables at the end of a Word 2003 document, and I want to
scroll up gradually, if I hit the page up key several times in succession or
hold it down for a couple seconds, I am instantly at the first page of the
document.

This is very frustrating and it only happens on certain documents, usually
those that were originated by someone other than me. Sometimes the up arrow
causes the same thing to happen. How can I stop this jumping to the first
page?
Thanks for any advice.
--Dave