Paul

Default Hiding "Comment [intiials]" in comment bubbles

Does anyone know how to tell Word not to display the word "Comment" followed
by bracketed initials in comment bubbles for 2003 or XP? I want to save
screen real estate, and, as I'm -only- displaying comments bubbles (I'm not
tracking changes), I already -know- it's a comment (so I don't need the
bubble to tell me that).

Thank you!

Paul Gibbs

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Paul,

Does anyone know how to tell Word not to display the word "Comment" followed
by bracketed initials in comment bubbles for 2003 or XP? I want to save
screen real estate, and, as I'm -only- displaying comments bubbles (I'm not
tracking changes), I already -know- it's a comment (so I don't need the
bubble to tell me that).

No, no way to suppress the display of the initials (or the date). But you could
do without the display of the bubbles? Just hover the mouse over the comment,
or list them in the "Reviewing" task pane (that opens across the bottom of the
screen)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org