Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat Pat is offline

Default How do I change the font size in the letter wizard?

Why does the letter wizard not remember the settings used from the previous
time? Things such as date, complimentary close, etc. Is there a way to make
this happen?

After having used a letter template in the letter wizard, it:
1. Changes the font size from 12pt to 10 pt
2. Starts the letter with margins not set with letter template (1 instead
of 2)

I have constructed letterhead to be used with the letter wizard. I put the
information in the header and footer and saved it as nameltr.dot. I set the
margin at 2 from the top.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGF0?=,

Umm... Which version of Word is this?

Why does the letter wizard not remember the settings used from the previous
time? Things such as date, complimentary close, etc. Is there a way to make
this happen?

After having used a letter template in the letter wizard, it:
1. Changes the font size from 12pt to 10 pt
2. Starts the letter with margins not set with letter template (1 instead
of 2)

I have constructed letterhead to be used with the letter wizard. I put the
information in the header and footer and saved it as nameltr.dot. I set the
margin at 2 from the top.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGF0?=,

I am using Office 2003 with all of the latest updates and service packs.

OK, it looks like Microsoft is using a template from an older version of Word as the
basis - that would explain the font sizes and the margins.

To change the fonts:
- display the Styles and Formatting task pane
- click in each "element"; notice how the wizard has assigned a style to each, such
as "Return Address"
- right-click the style name in the task pane and choose "Modify"
- set the font size you prefer, and activate "Add to template"
- now save the document and you should get a prompt asking if you wish to save
changes to the template. Answer "Yes".

To change the margins: create the new document from your template, so that you start
with the margins you want. The Letter Wizard appears to respect and retain them.

Why does the letter wizard not remember the settings used from the previous
time? Things such as date, complimentary close, etc. Is there a way to make
this happen?

After having used a letter template in the letter wizard, it:
1. Changes the font size from 12pt to 10 pt
2. Starts the letter with margins not set with letter template (1❠instead
of 2â)

I have constructed letterhead to be used with the letter wizard. I put the
information in the header and footer and saved it as nameltr.dot. I set the
margin at 2❠from the top.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the
newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)