Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Default quotation marks don't appear unless i hit the space bar!

I have a glitch i can't work out in Word 2007. Very often - I can't work out
any pattern to when this happens - if I type either single or double
quotation marks they won't appear unless I type a space after them. If I
don't include the space, the following letter looks to have an accent of some
kind, e.g.: Á instead of "A .

Can anybody tell me how to fix this? It's extremely frustrating!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You have enabled an international keyboard layout. Change it in Windows
Control Panel.

"charlotte" wrote in message
I have a glitch i can't work out in Word 2007. Very often - I can't work
out
any pattern to when this happens - if I type either single or double
quotation marks they won't appear unless I type a space after them. If I
don't include the space, the following letter looks to have an accent of
some
kind, e.g.: instead of "A .

Can anybody tell me how to fix this? It's extremely frustrating!