Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MoiMeme MoiMeme is offline

Default Cannot open .doc documents with double or right-click

Hi,

Word 2002-XP - Win XP SP2

When I right-click - open or - open with - Word, Word opens, but document
not, ie Word starts without any document opened, nor blank one.
Same if I double click the document

When Word is started, I can drag & drop the document or file-open- and the
document is correctly opened.

The documents were created with that version of word

What should the command in registry look like for word documents ?
Any idea why that happens ?

TIA !!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MoiMeme MoiMeme is offline

Have altered in registry command for opening the doc. Now it opens. But I
get a message stating that windows cannot find it ! Although it opens it in
Word

Document was containing spaces in its name. So have renamde it to copy.doc,
and it is located in H:\MyDocs so no spaces there as well.

Hope that helps to resolve the issue neatly !

TIA