Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aaron Sanders Aaron Sanders is offline

Default Word Crashes When Printing

In the past few days, Word has started crashing every time I print on two
different computers. I click the print button and Word closes. To its credit
it does print, but I have to re-open and recover the docs. I'm thinking it
has to do with one of the recent slew of patches, most of which (ok, two
actually) have had serious flaws. I'm getting ready to do the virus scan now
to make sure that's not an issue. Anyone else seeing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you know it was OK a few days ago, restore Windows to a time you know it
was working
or reinstall the printer driver and see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Aaron Sanders wrote:
In the past few days, Word has started crashing every time I print on
two different computers. I click the print button and Word closes. To
its credit it does print, but I have to re-open and recover the docs.
I'm thinking it has to do with one of the recent slew of patches,
most of which (ok, two actually) have had serious flaws. I'm getting
ready to do the virus scan now to make sure that's not an issue.
Anyone else seeing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aaron Sanders Aaron Sanders is offline

Thanks for the links. Looks like a lot of great info on dealing with Word
issues. I'll be sure to check them out, especially the templates and drives.
Unfortunetly, I think I turned off System Recovery, so it won't be quite that
easy...

Aaron Sanders wrote:
In the past few days, Word has started crashing every time I print on
two different computers. I click the print button and Word closes. To
its credit it does print, but I have to re-open and recover the docs.
I'm thinking it has to do with one of the recent slew of patches,
most of which (ok, two actually) have had serious flaws. I'm getting
ready to do the virus scan now to make sure that's not an issue.
Anyone else seeing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Turn system recovery back on now! What is the point of turning off one of
the most fundamental recovery tools? It is invaluable in correcting
operating system and registry problems (It does not touch your data files).

Aaron Sanders wrote:
In the past few days, Word has started crashing every time I print
on two different computers. I click the print button and Word
closes. To its credit it does print, but I have to re-open and
recover the docs. I'm thinking it has to do with one of the recent
slew of patches, most of which (ok, two actually) have had serious
flaws. I'm getting ready to do the virus scan now to make sure
that's not an issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aaron Sanders Aaron Sanders is offline

In two years of using XP, I've never needed to rollback drivers or recover
from an error. If I check my printer driver, I'll probably just re-download
from HP. I typically re-format and re-install annually as well. Spring
cleaning. System Restore is a good feature, and it wouldn't hurt to turn it
on, but I haven't need ti yet.