Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aarenias aarenias is offline

Default Want to send an email and simultaneously create a task

In Outlook, how can I create a task from an email at the same time that I am
sending the email? Ie I find it cumbersome to send the email, and then go to
my sent items and drag the item to the tasks -- any advice is most
appreciated. Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

You can insert any existing Outlook item such as a message, task, or an
appointment into an email message. This saves the time of having to retype
the information in that item into the message.
1. Click the drop-down arrow on the Insert File button (paper clip icon) and
choose Item to open the Insert Item dialog box.
2. From the Look in list, select tasks
3. From the Items list, select the task you want to insert in the message
4. Under Insert as, select the way in which you want to insert the task in a
message
5. Click OK.
Assigning Tasks to Others
You can assign a task to a team member as long as you're on the Exchange
Server.
1. Create a task
2. Click Assign Task on the Standard toolbar.
3. In the To box, enter the email address of the person to whom you assign
the task.
4. Check the Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list option, if
you want to keep a copy of the task with you.
5. You can click the Send me a status report when the task is complete
option to request the status report.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"aarenias" wrote:

In Outlook, how can I create a task from an email at the same time that I am
sending the email? Ie I find it cumbersome to send the email, and then go to
my sent items and drag the item to the tasks -- any advice is most
appreciated. Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aarenias aarenias is offline

Hi Carol, thanks so much for the answer. The 2nd half of your answer helps a
certain amount - but I frequently receive emails and then want to reply and
create a task at the same time - sounds like there is no way to do this?
Thanks again,

"aarenias" wrote:

In Outlook, how can I create a task from an email at the same time that I am
sending the email? Ie I find it cumbersome to send the email, and then go to
my sent items and drag the item to the tasks -- any advice is most
appreciated. Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While Carol was able to answer your question, this newsgroup is really for
Word, and you would be better advised to ask in an Outlook NG, since your
question seems to be largely an Outlook one.

"aarenias" wrote:

In Outlook, how can I create a task from an email at the same time

that I am
sending the email? Ie I find it cumbersome to send the email, and then

go to
my sent items and drag the item to the tasks -- any advice is most
appreciated. Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aarenias aarenias is offline

Hello, you are absolutely right. Can you please direct me to an Outlook
newsgroup where I can post the question? Thank you, Alita

"aarenias" wrote:

In Outlook, how can I create a task from an email at the same time

that I am
sending the email? Ie I find it cumbersome to send the email, and then

go to
my sent items and drag the item to the tasks -- any advice is most
appreciated. Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Look around in the Communities forum you posted this from; you should see a
tree that lists Outlook NGs along with Word ones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

While Carol was able to answer your question, this newsgroup is really

for
Word, and you would be better advised to ask in an Outlook NG, since

your
question seems to be largely an Outlook one.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.