jg70124

Default Word & Excel together?

I have been asked to create a workbook for a graduate business class in
Sales.

The workbook, which will be distributed electronically, will include about
10 pages of instructions in paragraph and bullet form, and 30 templates
which are to be filled in by the participants. The templates are evenly
divided between those that require text and those that require numbers.
That is, the participants will need to fill in some of templates by writing
sentences; for others, the participants will have to enter numbers. The
workbook will use the numeric inputs to calculate other values, and then
generate a graph using the results.

Is there any way to do all this in a single document? If I embed Excel
objects in a Word document, will the calculations still work?

Thanks.

If you embed Excel objects in Word, then users will actually be working in
Excel when they use them. Note that form protection applied to any portion
of the document may affect the functionality of embedded objects (I have no
experience with/knowledge of that).