Highlander

Default Why does the Document Properties Dialog not appear on Save As?

I have set the Save Option to 'Prompt for document properties', however when
I create a new document using 'Save As', the Document Properties dialog box
does not appear. This used to happen when I used Word 97 - I am now using
Word 2003.
CyberTaz

Hello-

In Word 2003 the prompt for doc properties only on the first save of a new
doc. From then on you're on your own.

HTH |:)

"Highlander" wrote:

I have set the Save Option to 'Prompt for document properties', however when
I create a new document using 'Save As', the Document Properties dialog box
does not appear. This used to happen when I used Word 97 - I am now using
Word 2003.

Save As does not trigger the Properties dialog. I'm not sure whether this is
a true bug or "by design," but that's just the way Word works. Sorry. In
Word 2003, instead of using Save As, you do have the option to create a new
document based on an existing one; when you save that, you do get the
Properties dialog (because it is truly a new document, which must be named).

"Highlander" wrote in message
I have set the Save Option to 'Prompt for document properties', however

when
I create a new document using 'Save As', the Document Properties dialog

box
does not appear. This used to happen when I used Word 97 - I am now using
Word 2003.

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Document Properties / E-mailing Documents. MAB Microsoft Word Help 4 April 21st 05 12:24 AM
do i save the document template or not (urgent) NP New Users 2 April 15th 05 11:47 AM
Can you save individual document pages as seperate word files? John Calligy Mailmerge 2 April 12th 05 09:14 AM