Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KarnieM

Default Create example of my template styles in the Style Gallery

I want to create a Gallery Example and a Gallery Style Sample of my template
styles for the Style Gallery. I know it's something to do with creating
autotext entries, but somehow it's not working for me. Can anyone give me
step by step instructions for this process? Thank you.
Karnie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2FybmllTQ==?=,

I want to create a Gallery Example and a Gallery Style Sample of my template
styles for the Style Gallery. I know it's something to do with creating
autotext entries, but somehow it's not working for me. Can anyone give me
step by step instructions for this process?

Which version of Word are you using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KarnieM

Default Create example of template styles in the Style Gallery (Word 2003)

Cindy, we're using Word 2003, and I actually have found my answer. I'm
including the step-by-step instructions I wrote when I found out how, in case
anyone else would like to know. Thanks for responding.

To create the example and style samples:
1. Open your template.
2. Create some paragraphs of text, one for each style you want to show.
(Its helpful, but not necessary, to include the name of the applied style at
the beginning of each paragraph.)
3. Select the paragraphs.
4. From the Insert menu choose AutoText and then click AutoText...
5. Important: - In the Look in: field at the bottom of the dialog box, click
the drop-down arrow and select your template from the list.
6. In the Enter AutoText entries he box, type "Gallery Example" (without
the quotes).
7. Click Add.
8. With the text still selected, repeat steps 4 and 5 above. (If you prefer,
you may change the paragraphs of text to reflect just the style names, etc.
Then select the text and repeat steps 4 and 5 above.)
9. In the Enter AutoText entries he box, type "Gallery Style Samples"
(without the quotes).
10. Click Add.
11. Delete the text from the template.
12. Save the template.

To test the results:
1. From the Format menu, select Theme...
2. Click the Style Gallery... button.
3. Select your template.
4. Click the Example radio button, and view your example.
5. Click the Style samples radio button, and view your style samples.

Hi ?B?S2FybmllTQ==?=,