Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SurveyWriter SurveyWriter is offline

Default inserting white checkboxes on a shaded background

I'm creating a questionnaire that has a lightly shaded background, using Word
2003. I need to insert "checkboxes", which I want to be white with a black
border (for better visibility). When I use Word's bullet feature, the
"checkbox" bullets end up having an interior color that's the same as the
background. I've tried inserting the blacksquare symbol (character code 162)
and making it white in color, but then this white box lacks a black border.
Anyone have suggestions?