Jean

Default Excel worksheet font changes

Hi. Whenever I insert an Excel worksheet into Word (or even if I paste
special as a worksheet object), the font size inside the worksheet distorts.
When I go back into the worksheet to edit it, the font returns to normal, but
as soon as I click back into the Word part of the document, the whole
worksheet distorts again. I figured out how to fix this on my old computer,
but I can't remember how I did it! Please help, this is becoming very
frustrating! Thanks!
Angelo Campanella

Jean wrote:
Hi. Whenever I insert an Excel worksheet into Word (or even if I paste
special as a worksheet object), the font size inside the worksheet distorts.
When I go back into the worksheet to edit it, the font returns to normal, but
as soon as I click back into the Word part of the document, the whole
worksheet distorts again. I figured out how to fix this on my old computer,
but I can't remember how I did it! Please help, this is becoming very
frustrating!

How you paste makes a difference. If you Need the guts (formulas and
editing capability) of the Excel sheet, them "Paste" is the proper
action. But it brings all the bells and whistles and enlarged your Word
file size a lot. If on the other hand, you only want the face values
placed in your word document, then do NOT use "Paste", rather use
"Paste-Special" (another choice in the Edit menu), and within that, two
choices apply:

If you want a table format that you can adjust the widths, etc, select
"Formatted Text (RTF)". If you want a tabbed list only, use "Unformatted
text".

when using Formatted Text, I have often found (Word 97) that I have to
readjust the column widths, font type and size and table line height to
make my Word result pleasing,

Angelo Campanella