Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tbndoc

Default problem printing legal size

On Mac, OSX 10.2.8, using iMac with a G3 processor:
I've just upgraded from Office 2001 to Office 2004 for Mac, cannot print
legal size documents (no problem prior to upgrade).
The top 3 inches is cut off, leaving blank space at the bottom of the page.

I have gone into page setup, checked the margins, checked printer options
(HP1200 laserjet), checked compatibility options, done all the things all
the
self-help sites recommend.
It shows OK as an 11 X 14 document in print preview, and when viewing in
page layout. Just doesn't print. Legal size documents in other
applications (Appleworks, Adobe) print OK, just not Word 2004.
Printing letter size is OK.
Any help greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer

There is an installer for your printer here with an April, 2006 timestamp. Maybe
it will help
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...5&swEnvOID=219
or
http://tinyurl.com/kprvb

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Tbndoc" wrote in message
On Mac, OSX 10.2.8, using iMac with a G3 processor:
I've just upgraded from Office 2001 to Office 2004 for Mac, cannot print
legal size documents (no problem prior to upgrade).
The top 3 inches is cut off, leaving blank space at the bottom of the page.

I have gone into page setup, checked the margins, checked printer options
(HP1200 laserjet), checked compatibility options, done all the things all
the
self-help sites recommend.
It shows OK as an 11 X 14 document in print preview, and when viewing in
page layout. Just doesn't print. Legal size documents in other
applications (Appleworks, Adobe) print OK, just not Word 2004.
Printing letter size is OK.
Any help greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tbndoc

Mary,
Thanks, but I already downloaded and installed this, and it didn't make a
difference. But thanks for the response.
Richard

"Tbndoc" wrote in message
On Mac, OSX 10.2.8, using iMac with a G3 processor:
I've just upgraded from Office 2001 to Office 2004 for Mac, cannot print
legal size documents (no problem prior to upgrade).
The top 3 inches is cut off, leaving blank space at the bottom of the page.

I have gone into page setup, checked the margins, checked printer options
(HP1200 laserjet), checked compatibility options, done all the things all
the
self-help sites recommend.
It shows OK as an 11 X 14 document in print preview, and when viewing in
page layout. Just doesn't print. Legal size documents in other
applications (Appleworks, Adobe) print OK, just not Word 2004.
Printing letter size is OK.
Any help greatly appreciated

Headers and footers printing different size on odd and even pages Colinhp Microsoft Word Help 4 January 19th 06 07:55 AM
Problem Printing DJ Page Layout 0 January 7th 06 11:16 AM
Font Reduces in Word when Printing on A5 Joe New Users 10 December 7th 05 11:16 AM
Problem with printing Jeanne Microsoft Word Help 0 September 7th 05 01:20 AM
printing on postcard problem Les Golden, Oak Park, Illinois Page Layout 5 March 10th 05 01:59 PM