Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dnomyar dnomyar is offline

Default how can i transfer auto correct entries from one pc to another

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carolnat carolnat is offline

please help - i've been doing this or trying to for 24 hours - i now have the
mso1033.acl file whatever on a cd - the CD is in the new computer, now
what???? I am so lost - I have like 400 autocorrects I've created in 5 years
and now have a new computer and can't find my medical spellchecker or get any
of my autocorrects- i will wait holdingmy breath for your answer

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if you are trying to use Method 2, which is really not
recommended. You should instead use Method 1 to create the export document.
If you are transferring entries from Word 2003 or earlier to Word 2007, then
use the AutoCorrect.dotm template (in Autocorrect2007.zip) from
http://jay-freedman.info to load that document into Word 2007.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carolnat carolnat is offline

i have 2002 on the old computer and 2003 on the new computer, don't have 2007
and don't understand exactly how to do method 1 - could you please explain it
step by step one more time -

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carolnat carolnat is offline

There were three different files, the first only worked if you had word 2007
- the other two were about making something with two columns, I didn't
understand, Jay Freeman, thing, says please don't email him - I know I sound
stupid, but I can't understand what I am supposed to do - I need someone to
walk me through it, I will gladly pay for someone's services to help - do you
know someone who will do this or could you or Jay or someone - give me the
instructions from A to Z about getting my auto-tools from word 2002 to word
2003 - and why sometimes I get a message about not being able to open macros
- I don't even know what I did to get that message, nevertheless - there it
is - can yhou please direct me to someone who will take 1/2 hour just to get
me through this?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First you need to go to Tools | Options | Security. Click the Macro Security
button and change the security setting to Medium. This will give you the
option of enabling the macros when you open the template.

Assuming you have downloaded the ZIP file and unzipped it, you should have
the AutoCorrect.dot file. Open that, choosing to Enable Macros. The template
contains instructions. Choosing Backup will save your AutoCorrect entries to
a Word document that you can save to the desired location. You will need to
copy this document and the AutoCorrect.dot template to your new computer.

On your new computer, open AutoCorrect.dot (again, you'll need to set
security to Medium and enable the macros in the template) and choose
Restore. You'll have to select the file you created in Word 2002 and copied
to your Word 2003 computer. Everything else will be automatic.

If you don't have Word 2007, you don't need Jay's macro.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carolnat carolnat is offline

I did it, by myself - three hours with computer nerd cousin - he couldn't
figure it out - the instructions were not clear = including the messasge
about cannot open macros - but I got tired of no one helping and just stuck
it through and it's done, also my medical spellchecker on the old computer -
my cousin could not find it to transfer it over and I no longer had the
original disks - so the new computer was saying all my medical words were
misspelled and I figured that out too,

my only problem is I now have a 19" flat minitor instead of the regular kind
with my old dimension - I have worked with the 32 bit/16 bit, have tried
raising and lowering resolution - and all the text on my computer whether it
be the cards on solitaire in aol or anything actually - is too light without
enough contrast - I don't know what else to try - if you have any ideas, that
would be great - anyway thanks for your help - but honestly, all you did was
you kept repeating the same thing - unzip, follow the instructions and I kept
saying obviously I wasn't getting it - you weren't the only one - but no one
seemed to be willing to go further with me - so something that probably would
have taken 15 minutes of someone's time (less than answering all my emails)
could have had this done 2 days ago, and I actually could have worked and
earned some income during that time -

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, now I'm sorry that I took the time to download the file myself and
spend the time required to figure out how to use it in order to provide you
with the detailed instructions you requested. You do realize that no one
here is paid to help you? We are all volunteers answering questions on our
own time.

Given your attitude of entitlement, it's quite possible that no one will
want to help with your resolution problem, either, especially since it has
nothing to do with Word.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carolnat carolnat is offline

Entitled? I hardly think so and I realize no one was getting paid, which was
why several times, I offered to pay for someone to help me- I don't know why
you sent me the same email 3 or 4 different times to unzip the file and
follow the instructions - if you hadn't bothered in all that time to see
where I might possibly be having the problem - It's not your fault, but I
have spent 2 months with Dell, where first they built the laptop I ordered
completely wrong, apologized and refunded the money, but they would not apply
the money they had of mine toward the desktop so I had to wait until that
money was refunded and then wait for the desktop - they said that I had
purchased 30 days of 24/7 support from Dell particularly with my transferring
issues since I knew how to put the computer together - then they said I had
not purchased that help and if I had any hardware problems to let them know,
then for two days, I tried to do as much as I could figure out and then
started asking for help from people I knew here, then I searched and searched
the Microsoft site, but could not find the answer until I found the message
board - I would think you tell from my emails how scared and upset and
frustrated I was, I'm 63 years old, live on disability and the little I can
make doing medical transcription, I obviously didn't understand the
instructions because I was trying very hard to figure it out. I didn't earn
any money in three days because I couldn't work until all this was fixed -
so, entitled, hardley, practically begging and offering several times to
compensate you or anyone else who would help me - but it wasn't until after I
realized I should either recreate 1500 autocorrects or keep trying to figure
it out on my own since you were not willing to give me any more help other
than continuing to repeat that the instructions were in the zip file - which
I obviously didn't understand.

I do volunteer work to, I read for the blind on the radio at the Sight
Center - here "volunteering" means we're trying to help someone -

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I never sent you email. I post only in these public newsgroups. And (as you
acknowledge) no one here is responsible for your problems with Dell. I'm
sorry you are frustrated, but these newsgroups are not always the way to get
the fastest solution to a problem, but I did post complete instructions
(which you don't appear to have read--or at least have not replied to).

As it happens, I am also 63 years old.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
okano okano is offline

Hello!
I'm a word 2007 user. I was so desperate I could not save my auto correct
entries. I spent days and days trying to. Then I've read your post and tried
'Method One'. Thank you soooo much: it works! You've helped me so much :-)