Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronica

Default start page numbering on page 4

I've tried everything with inserting section breaks in my document to try to
begin page numbering in the footer on page 4, but the numbering still starts
on page 1. Am I missing something? Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:00:02 -0800, Ronica
wrote:

I've tried everything with inserting section breaks in my document to try to
begin page numbering in the footer on page 4, but the numbering still starts
on page 1. Am I missing something? Please help

With the cursor in section 2's footer, go to the Header/Footer
toolbar, click the Format Page Number button, and change the Numbering
section from "Continue from previous section" to "Start at 1".

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm
and http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm for a
full discussion.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Page numbering Ros Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 02:31 PM
Problem with starting page numbering on page 3 rkbristol Page Layout 8 December 8th 05 11:25 PM
Bullit numbering start new at begining of new page Chris Strickland Microsoft Word Help 1 November 15th 05 07:11 PM
page number printing on a merged report Print Page # On Merged Report Mailmerge 6 October 17th 05 05:18 AM
How do I start page numbering at (1) later in the document? Levi Microsoft Word Help 1 July 29th 05 03:29 AM