Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] maryann.koman@bethesda-home.org is offline

Default How do I extend watermark to entire left-hand side of page?

I am attempting to list names down theleft-hand side of a page as a watermark
for letterhead. I can get 2/3 of the names in, but lose the rest. How can I
extend the area to get all the names in?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I'm not sure what causes the 2/3 problem, especially since you didn't say
whether they're being cut off horizontally or vertically. Instead of using
the watermark feature, use a text box as described in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm under "More complex
letterhead". If desired, you can set the text box wrapping to "Behind text"
and set the font color of its contents to a lighter shade of gray, and it
will behave like a watermark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:
I am attempting to list names down theleft-hand side of a page as a
watermark for letterhead. I can get 2/3 of the names in, but lose
the rest. How can I extend the area to get all the names in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] maryann.koman@bethesda-home.org is offline

Thanks so much. The cut off is vertical, but the "setting up letter
templates" is exactly what I need.

Thanks again!

wrote:
I am attempting to list names down theleft-hand side of a page as a
watermark for letterhead. I can get 2/3 of the names in, but lose
the rest. How can I extend the area to get all the names in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] maryann.koman@bethesda-home.org is offline

I was able to accomplish the left-hand side of the page, but it is not
working as a template. When I type text in the body of the letter portion,
it doesn't print out.
How can I 'fix' this?

wrote:
I am attempting to list names down theleft-hand side of a page as a
watermark for letterhead. I can get 2/3 of the names in, but lose
the rest. How can I extend the area to get all the names in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What doesn't print out? The body of the letter or the letterhead? If the
latter, and you've used a text box, make sure that you have "Drawing
objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I'm not sure what causes the 2/3 problem, especially since you didn't

say
whether they're being cut off horizontally or vertically. Instead of

using
the watermark feature, use a text box as described in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm under "More complex
letterhead". If desired, you can set the text box wrapping to "Behind

text"
and set the font color of its contents to a lighter shade of gray, and

it
will behave like a watermark.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote:
I am attempting to list names down theleft-hand side of a page as a
watermark for letterhead. I can get 2/3 of the names in, but lose
the rest. How can I extend the area to get all the names in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] maryann.koman@bethesda-home.org is offline

I can see the body of the letter in Print Preview and it is not in the text
box. Also, if I leave the cursor in the body of the letter, the text box
disappears when I print. I'm confused.

wrote:
I am attempting to list names down theleft-hand side of a page

as a
watermark for letterhead. I can get 2/3 of the names in, but

lose
the rest. How can I extend the area to get all the names in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Whatever you see in Print Preview (really Print Preview, not Print Layout
view) is what should print.

You should not be able to select the text box (which should be anchored to
the header) and the body of the document at the same time. I'm confused
about what you're doing. Send me a sample doc if you like.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.