Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SoDoWarts SoDoWarts is offline

Default Autotext and "Accept Change"

I use Word 2000 as my email editor in Outlook 2000 and a do alot of "new"
Autotext additions, but when I go to a separate Word doc and use one of these
Autotexts (that were saved while using Outlook) they come up in blue type and
I've got to do the "Accept Change" thing to undo it. Is there anyway around
this pain in the butt process.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Yes. Either you have stored the AutoText as an "Insertion", or you have
left Tracked Changes turned on in your current document.

If the latter, turn Tracked Changes OFF (and Accept all changes in document
afterwards).

If it's the former, insert your AutoText, accept the change, then re-save
the AutoText over the top of the original.

Are you sure that the blue colour is not coming from the font colour that
was in use when you saved the AutoText from Outlook? When you save an
AutoText, ALL of the formatting is saved, including the blue font colour.

Cheers

On 26/1/07 5:32 AM, in article
, "SoDoWarts"
wrote:

I use Word 2000 as my email editor in Outlook 2000 and a do alot of "new"
Autotext additions, but when I go to a separate Word doc and use one of these
Autotexts (that were saved while using Outlook) they come up in blue type and
I've got to do the "Accept Change" thing to undo it. Is there anyway around
this pain in the butt process.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410