Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vb vb is offline

Default Problems Formatting Word Documents

I am currently having an issue with formatting text in a word document.

When ever I select a word or line to be formatted the content of the whole
document changes not just the selected text. I have no Idea how this
happened, I have seached under Options however I cannot turn it off, can
anyone offer me some help with this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Turn off "automatically update" as described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"VB" wrote:

I am currently having an issue with formatting text in a word document.

When ever I select a word or line to be formatted the content of the whole
document changes not just the selected text. I have no Idea how this
happened, I have seached under Options however I cannot turn it off, can
anyone offer me some help with this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vb vb is offline

Thank DeanH,

Worked a treat, ta v much

VB

"VB" wrote:

I am currently having an issue with formatting text in a word document.

When ever I select a word or line to be formatted the content of the whole
document changes not just the selected text. I have no Idea how this
happened, I have seached under Options however I cannot turn it off, can
anyone offer me some help with this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad you got it solved.
All the best
DeanH

"VB" wrote:

Thank DeanH,

Worked a treat, ta v much

VB

"VB" wrote:

I am currently having an issue with formatting text in a word document.

When ever I select a word or line to be formatted the content of the whole
document changes not just the selected text. I have no Idea how this
happened, I have seached under Options however I cannot turn it off, can
anyone offer me some help with this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Magill Bob Magill is offline

Hi I am trying to work on a document after I inserted a Page number.
Now I cannot get back into the document...
Can you help me

"DeanH" wrote:

Glad you got it solved.
All the best
DeanH

"VB" wrote:

Thank DeanH,

Worked a treat, ta v much

VB

"VB" wrote:

I am currently having an issue with formatting text in a word document.

When ever I select a word or line to be formatted the content of the whole
document changes not just the selected text. I have no Idea how this
happened, I have seached under Options however I cannot turn it off, can
anyone offer me some help with this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try double-clicking in the document body? Or clicking Close on the
Header and Footer toolbar or Header&Footer Design Tools tab?

http://word.mvps.org

"Bob Magill" wrote in message
Hi I am trying to work on a document after I inserted a Page number.
Now I cannot get back into the document...
Can you help me

"DeanH" wrote:

Glad you got it solved.
All the best