Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Zeus Zeus is offline

Default moving tables/pictures

When I try to move a table and place it where I want it in the document it
ends up in the wrong place and it also moves all my text. Is there a way to
place an object and then type text next to it without the object moving?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Objects like tables and pictures can be in the text layer (treated as text)
or in the drawing layer (floating).

In order to type text next to a table or picture, set the wrapping style to
floating. In case of a table: Select Table Properties Table tab and click
the "Around" icon below "Text wrapping".

In case of e.g. a picture, you can change the wrapping style via Format
Picture Layout tab. "In line with text" will place the object in the text
layer. Any other wrapping style will place the object in the drawing layer
(floating).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

moving tables buddy Tables 1 December 17th 06 01:38 PM
Moving Tables in Template sweens319 Tables 4 October 12th 06 11:24 PM
Keep tables from moving when text or pictures are entered above it VBB Microsoft Word Help 7 November 12th 05 01:10 AM
Unable to display pictures correctly after moving in word 2003 yongwang Microsoft Word Help 0 April 19th 05 08:44 PM
My inserted pictures keep moving ! Cindy M -WordMVP- New Users 0 January 21st 05 05:33 PM