Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default Print only even pages in book fold document

I am printing a book with many signatures and have the book fold setting on.
I printed one side, and when I went to print the other side there was an
error and I canceled the printing. How do I print the other pages (only the
even pages)? I tried to go to file-print-print: , but it is grayed out so
I cannot select even pages. Does it gray out when it's in the book fold
setting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're dealing with is not just the even pages but a mixture of odd and
even, and there is no direct way to print just the "other" side of a "Book
fold" document. You can try specifying pages in the "Pages" box.
Unfortunately, the chief weakness of "Book fold" is the inability to print
selected pages with any expectation of getting what you ask for (supposedly,
when you specify a page, Word prints that page, the one that would be paired
with it side by side and also the two pages that would be on the reverse
side of the sheet, but I have never succeeded in getting this; usually I
just get blank pages). I advise against even trying to use "Book fold"
unless you're always going to be printing only the entire document
(single-sided, for duplex reproduction). For a different approach, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm