Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stymied Stymied is offline

Default Why doesn't Word 2007 print very narrow margins like Word 2003?

My old computer running Microsoft XP Home and Office Pro Word 2003 would
print margins as small as .13 inch even on all four sides of the page. But
when I upgraded to a new computer running Vista Home Premium and Office Pro
Word 2007 my margins can now only print to .59 inch of the bottom of the
page. My old computer still prints with very narrow margins but my new
computer will not, even though all the setting appear to be the same. Can I
set something that will cause the new machine to print narrow margins all the
way bottom of the page, like my old machine still does?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:42:00 -0700, Stymied
wrote:

My old computer running Microsoft XP Home and Office Pro Word 2003 would
print margins as small as .13 inch even on all four sides of the page. But
when I upgraded to a new computer running Vista Home Premium and Office Pro
Word 2007 my margins can now only print to .59 inch of the bottom of the
page. My old computer still prints with very narrow margins but my new
computer will not, even though all the setting appear to be the same. Can I
set something that will cause the new machine to print narrow margins all the
way bottom of the page, like my old machine still does?

Are you using the same printer driver (not just the same printer, but the same
driver software at the same release version) on the Vista machine as on the XP
machine? If not, the difference is likely to be caused by the different drivers.
Word never overrules the driver's specification of printable area.

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm for more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stymied Stymied is offline

Probably not the same driver. I downloaded the newest driver file for
Windows Vista from the HP website. If I revert back and install the driver
for Windows XP will it run on Vista? Or how can I get the driver that is on
my old computer moved over to my new computer? Will the old one work on
Vista?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

All I can suggest is that you try it (but first make sure you have a backup copy
of the Vista driver that you downloaded, so you can reinstall it if the old one
doesn't work).