Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
marvinmomma marvinmomma is offline

Default Normal Layout missing, can't recover

When I open Word, the blank document is not in Normal Layout (it shows the
correct margins in the page setup, but the actual page is different with no
margins). I found the Normal template in the file, but Word is not using
this template. I've tried renaming and allowing Word to creat a new
template, but it still opens with a goofy template and does not create a new
normal.

Could Word be opening from a different template somewhere? If so, how do I
find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

My guess is that Word is working with the Normal.dot but you just happen to
have turned off the Headers and Footers. Move your mouse pointer near the top
of the page that is shown, just at the grey area, the cursor will change to
two arrows in little white boxes, click, now the headers and footer and
margins should now be in view. I would do a little edit in this document,
save, then the Normal.dot should now be reset to this view.
Hope this is what you are experiencing, if not come back
DeanH