Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Harvey[_2_] Harvey[_2_] is offline

Default Page numbers

How do you make print page number as part of your default document so you do
not have to set it up with each new document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Do not attempt to do this for the normal blank document that opens when you
start Word: that changes the global template which will have undesirable
consequences in unexpected places.

Instead, you need to create a template that includes the page numbers (and
any other changes that you need such as paper sizes, fonts, tec.) and save
to your template folder. You can then add a shortcut to your desktop so that
Word opens to a new blank from your template or you can use File, New and
select a blank document from your template.

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Harvey" wrote in message
How do you make print page number as part of your default document so you
do not have to set it up with each new document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Harvey[_2_] Harvey[_2_] is offline

Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it. I was wondering why I could
not my answer on the internet, your answer explains it.
Harvey Mandel