Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Al

Default Cannot re-save large document. (linked objects are corrupt)

I am using WORD 2002 SP3 under Windows 2000 Professional.
I have 2 word files. I insert the second file behind the first. I create a
TOC which is correct and correctly references all 750 pages. I can save the
document. However, if I open the saved document and add as little as a
space to it I cannot do a Save or a Save as. I get the insidious message
"The disk is full trying to write to C::. Free some space on this drive,
or save the document on another disk…."
I have looked at the myriad of web pages addressing this problem. I
deleted all tmp files. No avail. Some info suggests the problem is related
to Microsoft Equation editor. This document does contain many Equation
Editor objects (about 900). When I open the document the TOC is correct
and all equations are there, however they are not linked to Equation
Editor. In the original documents, the first part has 600 equations all
linked to Equation Editor. The second part has 300 equations all linked to
Equation Editor. The combined document has all 900 equations but they are
not linked to Equation Editor. Edit Object produces an error message:
"This object is corrupt or is no longer available."

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Is there a limit on the number
of linked objects?